Here you can read opinion pieces on a variety of animal related tourism issues. All of our authors are hand picked as experts in their field and each talks about specialist areas of expertise or interest.
Click on any of the links below to read the articles.
- Ian Wood: Should We Swim With Dolphins?
- Dr Kathryn Shutt, Fauna and Flora International: Is Gorilla Tourism Causing Harm?
- Joe Keogh: Elephant Treks – A Tourist’s Journey
- Paul Reynolds, Wild Futures: True Sanctuary? How Sanctuary and Tourism Can Go Together
- Chris Pitt, Care for the Wild Campaigns & Communications Manager: Jumping Through Hoops – From Open Sea to Opening Act
- Simon Carter, Ecologist: Slash & Burn: Spotting Problems on Holiday – and What to do About Them
- Dr Stuart Semple, Roehampton University: Monkeys and Tourism – A Price to Pay?
- Jeremy Smith, Travel Author and Communications Strategist: ‘What Can Tourism Do About Wildlife Poaching?’
- Mark Jones, Director of HSI UK: ‘The Volunteer’s Conundrum’
- Philip Mansbridge, CEO of Care for the Wild International: ‘You Wouldn’t Do It at Home, So Why Do It on Holiday?’
- Penny Morgan, Author and League Against Cruel Sports Vice President: ‘Death of a Monarch’ (Hunting)
- Sophie Dubus, Responsible Tourism Industry Expert: ‘Making the RIGHT Choice on Your Gap Year’
- Karen Pettman, Projects Manager at Care for the Wild International: ‘Finding Sanctuary’
- Peter Collins, Solicitor and Cruel Festival Campaigner: ‘Entertainment…That’s Just a Load of Bull’
- Rosalind Johnston, Care for the Wild Development Assistant: ‘A Not So Lonely Planet…Making a Difference As You Go‘
- Liz Tyson, Director of CAPs: ‘Ecotourism, Macaws and Monkeys’
- Nigel Palmer, Fundraising Manager at Care for the Wild International: ‘Tiger Tourism – Could it Really Save the Tiger?‘